Friday, November 25, 2005

Bono, a Christian?

I only recently came around to U2's music when I heard the lyrics to "Pride" aka "In the Name of Love." Believe it or not, I heard it at church. I really liked what this guy had to say about the modern church. It reminds me of Ted Dekker's view. The blog states:

"It is a shame that Bono can so cleary explain grace where so many pastors cannot. Bono contrasts grace and karma. Karma is simply the law: there are consequences to your actions. Grace "interrupts" karma and stops the consequences from happening to you." He has a great way of relating it to the unsaved - the ones that don't understand the Old Testament and sin and sacrifice.

The blogger continues:
"It seems our churches are afraid of grace, afraid to tell their people that there are no consequences to their actions. . . Grace means that the law of karma no longer has control over us (Romans 8:1). No that doesn't excuse the actions – they are still evil – but we don't have to pay for having done them! Bono seems to understand the persuasive power of the true Gospel, even his interviewer saw it and was astounded by it."

I'm open to hear your thougts on this. . . .

You can find the blog I found this on here.

The article he based his post on is here.

The source for the article is this book.

Author's note: This is a republish to get rid of some unwanted spam comments. I will post new material as current events and news prompts me to.

No comments: