Saturday, August 20, 2005

Finally - an almost non-partisan article on Bush's war stance

Sheehan was quoted as saying "I'm just going to set my butt down on the ground if they tell me to go."  On the contrary, she will fly to California to visit her mother who had a stroke.  I'm not a completely stone hearted, and I'm not going to completely rail the liberal mindset, but if you are going to have a demonstration and commit to staying there until you are met with, than stay there.  I understand her mother may be suffering, but it seems that keeping your word only matters when it's convenient.

I like how they ended the article (italics added):

"If you allow those who are the most vocal and most antagonistic to get a meeting with the president for fear that publicity will hurt you if you don't, you're creating incentives for your critics to become even more antagonistic and more vocal," Fleischer said. "Then, you're forever stuck in: Will you or won't you meet? You'll no longer lead. You'll just wrestle with meetings."

The article is here.

No comments: